Oakley’s ban from Madison Square Garden lifted
Charles Oakley is allowed back in Madison Square Garden. The former New York Knicks star said he wants a public apology before he will return. He was banned last week after an altercation with security guards while attending a game and was arrested.
According to Sports Illustrated
On Monday, Charlotte Hornets owner Michael Jordan and NBA commissioner Adam Silver helped mediate the situation between Dolan and Oakley. Oakley and Dolan met with Silver at NBA headquarters, and Jordan join the conference by phone.
“It is beyond disheartening to see situations involving members of the NBA family like the one that occurred at Madison Square Garden this past week,” Silver said. “Mr. Dolan expressed his hope that Mr. Oakley would return to MSG as his guest in the near future.”